Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Weekend of Spring





































So after snowing on the first official day of spring it was actually pretty nice this weekend, so we took advange and went hiking Saturday with Nick & Gin, our Australian friends. We went to Palisades Park which is right over the George Washington bridge. It's so close to the city but it feels so far away. It felt great to get out into nature. Buddy led the charge, good thing too because I started thinking he was too fat and old to keep up with us. Poor guy, I feel bad for doubting him now. I was so exhausted when I got back that I just stayed in and watched The Holiday that night. Today was a perfect day. We walked Buddy all the way to Park Slope and did a loop through the park, then I walked over the Brooklyn Bridge and had an amazing facial at Bliss Spa with the certificates I got for my birthday. The nice weather really energizes me and I feel like I have to take advantage of it here. Later I cooked a delicious dinner with recipes from the Cakebread Cookbook. For those of you that live near Napa, you need to go to the Cakebread winery and do a tasting. It's so fun and their cookbook is the best!

3 comments:

  1. Was it like a cake lasagna you made? Cake ribs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, everything is either cake or bread. I bought it in the health food section ;) LOL!

    ReplyDelete