Tuesday, April 28, 2009

1st Anniversary
























































I was really impressed with the "wine country" of Long Island. It's a lot smaller than Napa, but it's nice because it's not commercialized at all yet so it feels really quaint and intimate. It's all farmland and very beautiful. The weather didn't hurt either - it was the most perfect weekend weather I've seen in a loooong time. We did a tasting at an organic vineyard and a dog was there who looked just like Buddy. We wanted to kidnap her. Then we had a delicious dinner at a cute bed & breakfast at night. I had the best drink of my life! It was vodka with fresh squeezed grapefruit and blood orange. I could guzzle those all day long. Our hotel was right on the water so we got to listen to the waves when we slept. The next day we went back to Paul's dad's house and laid out in the sun on their dock. It felt like summertime! I really didn't want to go back to work this week but hey, someone's gotta pay the bills. Buddy is sitting next to me on the bench as I'm typing this. He's very cute.

1 comment:

  1. Omg this is so sweet and romantic!!!! You two look so in love :)
    I wish I was right there, celebrating your anniversary with you guys. Just the three of us.
    I guess Buddy could go too... Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete