Friday, April 24, 2009

Trip to Citifield
















I am SO looking forward to this coming weekend. I'm taking Friday off and we're heading out to Long Island's wine region to celebrate our first anniversary! The weather all week has been so gloomy, but fortunately the weekends have been beautiful. Last weekend we went out and saw our new niece, Kira Rose, who was still in the hospital. It was a gorgeous sunny day so we took Buddy to the beach to run and swim. A crazy swan kept threatening him by hissing like a dragon and acting like it was gonna attack - it was pretty crazy. Sunday we went to the new Citifield to see the Mets play. It's a gorgeous stadium! I had dinner with my friend Kristen that night. It was probably our last time hanging out together since she's moving back to Texas this week. I've been taking it pretty hard since she is one of my few good friends here. I guess I need to get back on the wagon and start trying to make more friends again. It's totally like dating and a huge pain, but I guess the payoff is worth it if I meet someone special ;) I've also been missing Cali a lot lately. I miss BBQ's, walking on the beach, riding bikes, tennis, sunshine, running into people I know. Oh well, overall life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! Kayleigh, your hair is so much lighter these days. I feel your pain about making new friends. It's hard, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete